Talk

Advanced search

Arthritis?

(3 Posts)
Jedd Wed 01-May-19 22:48:54

I'm 34, B12 deficient but otherwise ok.

I have terrible pain at the bottom of my big toe, right on the foot joint. Never broken anything. It seems to flare when I'm wearing my boots, although they're not particularly high. Never been one to wear high heels/stilettos.

An X-ray last year showed arthritis in my neck, but the put this down to having previous neck surgery. The pain in my toe is often invariable, causing me to limp. Also feels like it wants to crack 🤷‍♀️. I'm laid in bed now and it's agony.

Is this arthritis? If so, is it a case of grin and bare it? I'm looking at a month-plus wait to see my GP, and don't really want to waste their time if nothing can be done.

OP’s posts: |
redannie118 Thu 02-May-19 08:18:47

If it is arthritis you can have a steroid injection directly into the joint that provides instant and lasting pain relief. Also high dose anti inflammatory tablets really help too. Your GP will have to refer you to a rhuematologist- so yes, make the app.

Jedd Thu 02-May-19 09:13:54

An injection directly into the joint 🥺. I'm not sure if I could cope with that but I suppose it has to be better than wanting to pull my toe off! I'll make the app x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »