Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

My niece immediately vomits after drinking milk or eating yoghrurt.

(7 Posts)
totaleclipse Tue 17-Jul-07 10:50:37

Could this only be a dairy intolorance (sp) she is 14 and this started 2 weeks ago.

TooTicky Tue 17-Jul-07 10:58:05

For whatever reason, her body is rejecting it so I would avoid daity.

TooTicky Tue 17-Jul-07 10:58:17

Sorry, dairy.

edam Tue 17-Jul-07 11:00:01

If she's 14, it's rather odd that it's just happened, and I'd definitely see the GP in case she has a tummy bug or something. Could be an imbalance between helpful and unhelpful bacteria in her gut, I imagine, so maybe some live yoghurt might help.

In any case, I'd avoid milk and yoghurt for a while.

fingerwoman Tue 17-Jul-07 11:05:55

was also going to suggest that a trip to GP should be in order, it's odd that it would suddenly happen at her age IMO.

ALso, horrible thing to consider, but is the start of an eating disorder a possibility or does it appear to be something she can't control?

catesmum Tue 17-Jul-07 16:13:10

an intolerance to dairy can often be triggered after a virus or bug, and only usually lasts a few weeks. Worth getting checked out though

Deux Tue 17-Jul-07 16:51:13

Short term lactose intolerance (rather than dairy intolerance)? Has she been ill recently?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: