Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hair loss and The Pill

(4 Posts)
colette Mon 16-Jul-07 21:40:22

After being off the pill for years I started taking cerazette about 6 weeks ago mostly for reaaly heavy periods.
On day 4 I noticed I had left a lot more hair than usual in the bath, I stopped taking the pill in case this was the cause and the hairloss seems to have slowed down ,but if I run my fingers through my hair after I have washed it I have still more hairs between my fingers than you would expect and I have really fine hair Has anyone else had a similar experience even if it was for a different reason such as after child birth and how long did it take to settle down? I am becoming obsessed

colette Mon 16-Jul-07 21:50:36

anyone?

gengis Mon 16-Jul-07 22:52:42

Hi colette
I lost all my hair whilst pg with my ds. I was referred to a dermatologist but i feel this was an upsetting waste of time (no blood tests taken, just a 10 min consultation). She said it was highly unlikely that my hair would ever grow back and I left the hospital with prescription for a wig!! My hair started to grow back just before the birth and now two years later I have a shoulder length bob(very fine and limp but always had been). Please don't despair as I'm sure your hair will grow back now you're off the pill.. I know you feel crap but there are treatments available if things don't get better, I couldn't have any whilst pregnant.
x

colette Tue 17-Jul-07 09:52:26

Thanks gengis for your reply, it is not really obvious to anyone else yet but I worry about if it continues. Glad to hear it was o.k for you in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now