Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

single measles jab- poo problems ever since. Connected or not?!

(5 Posts)
needaplan Mon 16-Jul-07 21:11:45

dd had a single measles jab 7 weeks ago at 2.4yrs. Since around then (can't remember exactly), dd's poos are really squidgy and more frequent, not very well formed at all tmi!! I am getting fed up of the nappy changes and also a little bit worried too. Has anyone else experienced this? Have thought about cutting out a food group to check for intolerances or something but don't know where to start.

Twinklemegan Mon 16-Jul-07 22:39:50

Hi, sorry I can't answer your question yet, but I have one of my own. How did you go about getting a single measles jab?

CristinaTheAstonishing Mon 16-Jul-07 22:42:55

I think you'd need to speak to your GP or a nutritionist before starting to leave out entire food groups. 7 weeks ago might also be the start of summer (?? such as it is), could it be your DD is having more to drink? Perhaps far-fetched but also a simpler exaplanation in this context.

gess Mon 16-Jul-07 22:55:21

Yes could be. But of course may not be. In your shoes if you wanted to go the nutritionist route I would consult a nutritionist who kows what they're dealng with (ie not NHS)...... erm Jean Musgrove always comes highly recommended, or perhaps (not a nutritionist but a Dr, huge waiting list but could see a colleague- Dr Heard at the Breakspeare Hospital).

In the meantime might be worth giving some vitamin A in the form of cod liver oil- always good for anything measles related. Be careful with the amount though, too much vitamin A is not good.

If you were going to try dropping a food group you could try switching from cows to goats milk, if that makes no difference then soya. Nutritionally, switching from cows to goats will make little difference, goats is just easier to digest.

Another big suspect would be gluten, but I'd try the mlk switch first.

needaplan Tue 17-Jul-07 16:36:10

twinklemegan- I went through Direct Health 2000 for the single jabs. They are based in Eltham, London but I went to one of their many outreach clinics. Just google their name- sorry I'm rubbish at links.

Gess- thanks for that. I will look into the people you've suggested. So do you think dd has some lingering symptoms of measles (from the vaccine)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now