Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tonsilitis AGAIN....

(6 Posts)
tigersmum Mon 16-Jul-07 17:34:26

This is the second time in three weeks. I really cannot get it again as it floors me. What can I do to prevent a re accurance or at least try to stop it coming back so soon?

floo Tue 17-Jul-07 09:50:27

Go to the doctore and tell them how you feel and ask if the can try and push you up the list for a tonsillectomy(sp)

sammysam Tue 17-Jul-07 10:22:38

I really feel for you-it took years of getting it several times a year before they finally did anything culminating in getting it 8 times in 3 months in my first term at uni. I'm alergic to penicilin (sp) so it'd take a good 2weeks to clear (thats 2 weeks really ill and sick in bed not eating and hardly drinking!). I could tell i was getting it as i'd get this weird taste in my mouth.

Get them out asap!!!!!!!

The only thing i'd say is i'd get it more when i was even slightly run down (someone said it was prob always waiting in my tonsills-i'd never got rid of it) so loads os sleep, water, no alcohol or coffee and loads of fruit and veg.....but think the only way is to have those little buggers out!

lazymoo Tue 17-Jul-07 10:26:49

I was told re ds, to got to my doctors every single time he had tonsilitis. It would iritate the doc and then they would be more inclined to push for your appt.

Tentibuckbeak Tue 17-Jul-07 10:31:25

Rest, do not return to work until you really feel better + a few days on top.
My DH suffers badly with this, he was wiped out last year for 3 weeks hallucinating, hot, cold, dressing gown & duvet etc etc.

Get them taken out if you can. (I hope when DH suffers again, they'll remove his)

tigersmum Tue 17-Jul-07 10:50:42

Thanks for the replies. I know having them out is the answer but I am dreading that as Anaesthetic makes me very sick. I can be sick every few minutes for hours or until the anaesthetic gets out of my system. It happens every time even though I tell them to give me stuff to stop it its really bad and having a throat op and being sick would be a nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now