Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken pox advice

(8 Posts)
Razzled Mon 16-Jul-07 14:56:03

Hi
my dd1 has just got chicken pox and i've been to buy her lotion and Piriton syrup. My dd2 is 7 months old and in the clear just now but does anyone know what i can give her instead of Piriton if she does get them. Piritons not for under 1 year.

VerySweatyBetty Mon 16-Jul-07 14:58:01

my son was under a year and i didnt but anything as the younger they are the less spots they get and the less they itch, you can give them calomine lotion

VerySweatyBetty Mon 16-Jul-07 14:58:19

#buy

Razzled Mon 16-Jul-07 15:00:15

ok thanks, i breast fed dd2 as well so hopefully she'll still have my immunity

VerySweatyBetty Mon 16-Jul-07 15:03:14

my other son was in contact with kids who had chicken pocks when he was about 4 months and he never cought it. He will be 1 on friday, so hes still little but i always say the earlier the better. they do whinge abit but they cope so m uch better then a toddler/child

mistlethrush Mon 16-Jul-07 15:06:54

My ds, exclusively bf, got chicken pox at 3 months - so bf not necessarily a reason that he won't get it. Started off with Calamine, but was recommended something else that is less drying by pharmacist - sorry, can't remember the name, but I'm sure a repuatable chemist would help.

Razzled Mon 16-Jul-07 15:09:46

My dd1 is 3 and she's not liking it one bit. I think its going to be a rough week trying to get her to leave the spots alone. Well stocked in calamine lotionfor her

mumto2nuttybells Mon 16-Jul-07 15:14:26

I FIND TALC IS GOOD TO DRY THEM UP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now