Talk

Advanced search

In pain every time I eat, post gall bladder surgery

(4 Posts)
ALemonyPea Fri 26-Apr-19 13:42:37

I had my gall bladder removed 8ish weeks ago. Operation was fine, out the dame day.

I didn't eat much the first few weeks, lived off toast really.

The last 3/4 weeks though, every time I have something to eat, I get a a stabbing uncomfortable pain in my left side, just under my rib cage. Goes a few hours later.

I have tried to restrict the amount of fat I eat, doesn't matter what I have, the pain comes. I had scrambled eggs, bagel no butter and mushrooms for lunch, and the pain was more or less instantaneous.

I've made a GP Appointment, not until 2 weeks, but in the meantime, has anyone ever had similar symptoms and it's been ok?

I've had so much medical intervention the past year, three surgeries, multiple scans, upcoming MRIs, more clinic appointments, I really don't think I can mentally cope with anymore.

OP’s posts: |
ALemonyPea Fri 26-Apr-19 20:58:24

Anyone?

NewIdeasToday Fri 26-Apr-19 21:03:16

Sorry you’re in this pain. That doesn’t sound normal. I’d phone for a more urgent same day appointment/ telephone consultation. And maybe get some medicine (like omeprazol?) to help with symptoms while you wait to get fully checked out.

ALemonyPea Sat 27-Apr-19 07:22:18

Thanks. I'm just using paracetamol ATM, but was using codeine before it ran out. I want to see a specific GP who knows my history rather than having to explain everything again and that was the earliest appointment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »