Talk

Advanced search

Hyperhidrosis

(6 Posts)
JacktomyDaniel Thu 25-Apr-19 20:02:59

I have primary Hyperhidrosis. Have had since early teens. Every day I sweat massively under arms and under (very big) boobs. Also down middle of my back.
I use Driclor under arms which works well as a temporary fix.
This issue I’ve got is I’m wearing an olive green dress as bridesmaid in a couple of weeks and I know that I’m going to sweat all the way down my back and under my arms. It’ll show quickly (20 mins or so). I’m panicking massively and don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
madcatladyforever Thu 25-Apr-19 20:26:59

Can you pin an absorbent lining into your dress?

Aldilogue Sat 27-Apr-19 00:41:01

I second pinning absorbent cloth in your dress. Very difficult but can you not focus on the sweating too much.
I’m not patronizing you, I used to suffer from palm hyperhydrosis and I actually had a bilateral sympathectomy 12 years ago.
Absolutely life changing.
I got married before I had it done and was worried I was going to be a sweaty mess, especially because it was 39 degrees that day.
Surprisingly I was so focused on the ceremony I didn’t sweat as much.
Bodies are weird.
Best of luck, lots of deodorant and extra absorbing cloth sewing in I suggest.

JellySlice Sat 27-Apr-19 01:35:55

You can use driclor on your back as well.

Definitely have absorbent panels added to your dress, but preferably removable panels so that you can change them during the day. Have you tried armpit sweat pads?

I have hyperhydrosis on my scalp and agree with Aldilogue: I am likely to sweat less if I'm not focused on the sweating or worrying about sweating.

LordWheresMyShoes Sat 27-Apr-19 01:42:38

My forehead is my worst offender, which is nice and visible! Use driclor on your back as suggested, and take a light pashmina to wear as a wrap if you feel you will want to cover up the back of your dress if you do sweat through xx

JacktomyDaniel Sat 27-Apr-19 06:00:02

Thanks so much everyone. It’s honestly the most embarrassing thing! I totally agree about not focusing and I will definitely use the driclor on my back too.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »