Talk

Advanced search

Weird leg pain

(19 Posts)
iAteAllThePies86 Thu 25-Apr-19 16:50:37

I've just developed a really weird sensation in my left leg. Sort of a muscley type ache but the length of my leg and into my groin. Feels like the sort of pain you'd maybe get from exercising except I haven't exercised 🤦🏻‍♀️

I take the combined pill and am worried about blood clots and DVT but there is no swelling etc. Do I see if it improves before totally freaking out?

OP’s posts: |
greenelephantscarf Thu 25-Apr-19 16:52:07

get seen, it does sound like it could be a dvt

iAteAllThePies86 Thu 25-Apr-19 17:19:14

Isn't DVT quite rare?

AutumnCrow Thu 25-Apr-19 17:22:09

It's relatively rare but it's very serious.

There's a simp!e blood test (Ddimer) you can get that will rule it in or out. So please do check it out.

AppleDump Thu 25-Apr-19 17:28:23

I was thinking DVT. Has it changed in size or hot to touch.

I think you need to get checked of the pain stats to hurt too much. I had a DVT and it's no fun.

iAteAllThePies86 Thu 25-Apr-19 17:30:06

Is that something that can be done with a GP? I can't get to a&e tonight anyway but even if I could I'd feel a bit of an idiot going there with a sore leg lol. I guess I'm just wondering if there are any other warning signs or things to look out for. The pain feels like it is in/around my knee and up my inner left thigh. Achey rather than crampy which is what google tells me blood clots tend to feel like. No swelling or unusual skin.

iAteAllThePies86 Thu 25-Apr-19 17:30:33

@AppleDump what were your symptoms? X

Frogshoe Thu 25-Apr-19 17:37:29

I had no swelling just an achy leg but I had a huge clot on my knee. I would at least go to out of hours

AutumnCrow Thu 25-Apr-19 17:39:27

Yes my GP did the blood test last time I needed testing.

I didn't have text book symptoms at all with my actual DVT the first time - it developed into a pulmonary embolism and then I knew about it, just in time.

The DVT started in my calf without symptoms at first, but moved to my inner thigh (pain), and then lung (could barely breathe).

pearldeodorant Thu 25-Apr-19 17:43:03

GPs cannot deal with ?DVTs no

AppleDump Thu 25-Apr-19 17:46:25

It started as a throbbing and ended up like a knife was twisted in my calf. My leg was swollen and hot to touch.

Not every symptom is the same though so I'd be very cautious and get checked out.

NicoAndTheNiners Thu 25-Apr-19 17:46:56

I had a ? DVT the other day and 111 told me to to get to a&e within the hour. I then had a positive blood test. Had the blood thinner injection. Had a scan the following day which was negative. You ought to get checked out.

iAteAllThePies86 Thu 25-Apr-19 17:51:36

Thank you for your comments. I really can't get anywhere tonight but if it still hurts tomorrow I will call the doctor. I have no other symptoms other than pain so it's possible I've just twisted my knee or something without realising.

iAteAllThePies86 Fri 26-Apr-19 08:26:40

Just an update guys, I've managed to get a doctors appointment this morning. The pain in my leg has massively improved and almost gone. I feel like a bit of a fraud but since I have a few risk factors like being on the pill etc I figured it's best to be safe. Is my doctor likely to recommend one of this blood tests? Is it something I should insist on or do I just go on what they say based on my symptoms?

Sabrinatheteenagebitchx Fri 26-Apr-19 11:08:51

How did the doctors go?

iAteAllThePies86 Fri 26-Apr-19 12:18:35

I've had the d dimer test, just need to wait for the results. Should be sometime today x

iAteAllThePies86 Fri 26-Apr-19 18:38:28

Negative d dimer, feel a bit of a fool now but relieved 🤦🏻‍♀️

NicoAndTheNiners Fri 26-Apr-19 18:40:56

Best to have been checked out, glad it was negative.

MollyHuaCha Fri 26-Apr-19 23:17:15

Don't feel a fool. You did the right thing. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »