Talk

Advanced search

I'm on my 3rd D&V episode this year! Normal?

(4 Posts)
Iflippinghateplaydoh Mon 22-Apr-19 14:03:24

I'm healthy, active and in my early 30s. Rarely poorly. I've always been the kind of person to get sick as in actual vomit maybe once every 4 or 5 years
I have a ds who is 3.5 and has still never had a sickness bug despite full time nursery, yet today I've woken up with sickness and diarreoah for the 3rd time since Xmas!
I'm at my wits end, I feel dreadful and we are meant to be going away in a few days so was only due to be in work tomorrow. Really need to be there as so much to do!
DH has lost all sympathy now saying it's clearly a lack of vitamins but nothing has changed for me. I eat fruit and veg and go out for a long walk most nights when ds in bed.

How is it possible to be this poorly again! sad

trinity0097 Mon 22-Apr-19 15:30:45

Get an appointment with a doctor ASAP.

If you child or partner hasn’t got ill then it may not be a bug and may be something else causing it

trinity0097 Mon 22-Apr-19 15:31:43

Oh, and are you pregnant?

I had a colleague once with horrendous vomiting who thought she had an awful bug, until a doctor diagnosed morning sickness!

Hairq Mon 22-Apr-19 15:54:11

If nobody else on your household is catching a bug when you have these symptoms and if you aren’t catching it from someone in your house, it’s unlikely to be a bug. See a doctor because something else will be causing it and will probably need to be treated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »