Talk

Advanced search

Peripheral Neuropathy

(6 Posts)
TackyTriceratops Mon 22-Apr-19 01:10:42

Has anyone had this in relation to PMS?and if so what helped?

Clutching at straws but I've had it for over a week, varying types and all on hands and feet, extending up my arms and ankles. Gp only found borderline high thyroxine which I take and so reducing slightly. He did say in many cases the cause can't be pin pointed and it was only the first appointment I've had about this.

Im just wondering if it's linked to my cycle which may be returning after pregnancy/ breastfeeding.

My hands and feet have been burning all evening and I've been extremely hot, full array of other neuropathy today and it's suddenly just started to ease for no reason. Unless two episodes of flea bag are the reason!

It's absolutely sending me crazy and at times tearful. I just want to be able to feel normal and sleep! I'm wondering if the hot feeling is high progesterone.

OP’s posts: |
TackyTriceratops Mon 22-Apr-19 09:33:42

Or menopause? confused

Oldmum55 Mon 22-Apr-19 11:45:38

It could very well be hormone related but as your doctor said it's often difficult to pinpoint a cause. A neurologist said that of half the cases he sees, a cause cannot be identified as in my case. So really just see how it goes, it's good you have already seen the GP about it.

TackyTriceratops Mon 22-Apr-19 12:36:50

I'm sorry to hear that and thank you for your reply.

How do you manage it?

Oldmum55 Mon 22-Apr-19 18:46:05

In my case I also suffer with health anxiety. The symptoms were real enough but when the neurologist reassured me they more or less disappeared and if they returned briefly I didn't take that much notice. Hope it will be the same for you.

TackyTriceratops Tue 23-Apr-19 10:51:47

Ok thanks. I don't think it is; I have hypothyroidism, hypermobilty and asthma so I'm wondering if it's in any way linked to one of those. I find the symptoms difficult to deal with which they get really bad but I think I'm actually fairly used to them being mildly there long term. I think I notice more when they're completely absent and I realise how nice it feels. I'm good at ignoring it till it gets really bad and interferes with sleep and daily life.

I think I had this a few years ago as periods returned after my first child and I am thinking there's a correlation to rising and falling hormones. I can't account for the way it's been fluctuating in any other way.

I haven't really spoken to the Gp properly before about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »