Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shooting pain in heel and ankle - will I live?

(5 Posts)
weebleswobble Sun 15-Jul-07 19:39:31

Ok, so I will live, but anyone else had this?

When I put my foot down to walk it's fine, then as I lift it up I get a shooting pain starting from the back of my heel to about 3 inches up the back of my ankle. It's been like this since Saturday and I'm hobbling like an old woman.

I'm taking strong anti-inflammatories but it doesn't seem to be helping.

weebleswobble Sun 15-Jul-07 21:27:51

Anyone?

Frizbe Sun 15-Jul-07 21:30:39

go to A&E and get yourself checked out, could be a pinged tendon or summat? (no medical quals here!) have you noticed yourself doing anything to it?

Howdydoody Sun 15-Jul-07 21:34:12

Sounds like tendonitis. Keep on with the anti-inflams and remember you can have paracetamol at same time.

weebleswobble Sun 15-Jul-07 21:35:01

I was happily watching Harry Potter at the cinema and when I got up to go it was so painful. I can move my foot around and stretch my leg with no problems. It's only when I walk.

I think I'll brave the local walk-in centre in the morning if I still can't walk properly tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now