Talk

Advanced search

Dent in middle of tummy

(5 Posts)
Janel85 Sun 21-Apr-19 18:43:00

Please see pic, I have a large dent in the middle of my tummy around my belly button. I’ve always assumed it’s diastasis recti from my last pregnancy (4 years ago) I’ve mentioned it to gp in the past and it’s been brushed aside (never been to gp specifically about it but I’ve brought it up in appointment. Looking online though it suggests diastasia recti is more of a protruding bulge than like what I’ve got. It’s really getting me down, and I have terrible lower back ache too. Just looking for opinions. I accept it could be down to carrying some extra weight, I’m a size twelve and not exactly toned.

OP’s posts: |
Janel85 Sun 21-Apr-19 18:43:49

Sorry didn’t add pic, here it is

Janel85 Mon 22-Apr-19 18:12:01

Anyone? Thanks

Falafel19 Mon 22-Apr-19 19:29:49

I've googled a bit there and it seems likely that it's diastasis recti below the navel, which can give a dent rather than a bulge. The lower back pain totally fits with that, as your core is unsupported. Go to a different go or even start with a physio or osteopath who might know for sure looking at it.

Janel85 Mon 22-Apr-19 22:39:59

Thank you for your reply, I didn’t realise that there was different types as such. Will try a physio I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »