Talk

Advanced search

Never ending virus?

(7 Posts)
Bustarold Sun 21-Apr-19 13:47:04

Has anyone had this recently? I started feeling fluey at the end of March, got better for a couple of days and then it hit me properly and developed tonsillitis two weeks ago: hight temp, white spots on tonsils, headache, etc. That went but since then I still get the tiredness, glands still up a bit, and discomfort when swallowing on both sides - it's right side today. I went to my GP last week, who said it's viral. It feels eternal and I'm so fed up! Is this a thing this year?

OP’s posts: |
moggiek Sun 21-Apr-19 15:12:41

I started a very similar thread last night as I was feeling so fed up with the seemingly never ending symptoms. From the number of responses, it's clear that this virus is indeed a thing this spring. Others seem to be recovering after three or four weeks, so I'm clinging to that smile.

Yorkshiremum17 Sun 21-Apr-19 15:22:48

Oh I think I have this, I had the most awful throat about 3 weeks ago and felt like I was swallowing around 2 golf balls, that got better but throat and chest never felt quite right and now I have the most awful throat, chest and head cold. Not sure if its a continuation or 2 separate things. Feel crap whichever.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 21-Apr-19 20:36:44

I have had it since mid-December. Have genuinely forgotten what being well is like.

moggiek Sun 21-Apr-19 20:54:12

Oh, no Just ! That's awful.

moggiek Sun 21-Apr-19 20:54:59

Or even Judy!

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 21-Apr-19 22:15:26

I think I just keep picking up fresh doses (lecturer, so exposed to tons of germs at work) because my immune system is wrecked. I went to the doctor in January who said it had gone into a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics - I had about a week of feeling normal after that, then it was back. Really hoping the milder weather might help?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »