Talk

Advanced search

Very swollen ankle

(3 Posts)
tabbiemoo Thu 18-Apr-19 22:47:59

After not much help from googling I thought I’d ask on here!

I twisted my ankle just over a week ago, just went over on it coming down stairs (looking at phoneblush). It hurt a lot immediately but could walk/hobble on it almost straight away and barely a twinge after about an hour. I was out and about with the kids so carried on as usual for rest of the day and been on my feet all week since then. Felt a few twinges this week when kneeling down or sitting on the floor but otherwise no pain at all. This evening for the first time I noticed that the ankle is about 2-3 times the size of the other ankle, no bruise, heat or tenderness it’s just huge. Is this a concern?? will it just go away? Is it weird that it’s a week later? I’ve only ever had swelling straight after an injury. Any advice appreciated grin

OP’s posts: |
SlB09 Thu 18-Apr-19 23:06:33

Ankle injury (probably sprain) plus lots of activity will lead to swelling. Rest it, ice it, compress it with a tubular bandage for instance and elevate it when you can. This should hopefully improve things.
If however you have any tenderness over the ankle bone when you touch it then seek further advice, from what you've described it does not sound concerning though.

tabbiemoo Fri 19-Apr-19 09:33:13

Great thank you!! It’s probably because I have been on my feet all week so haven’t rested it at all. It’s feeling quite sore this morning but not too bad. I think I will try to rest it as much as possible this weekend (not easy with small children!) and see how it is.
Thanks for the advice!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »