Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD is complaining of pain when doing a wee

(7 Posts)
Jenkeywerewolf Sat 14-Jul-07 23:49:24

dd is 2.11 - has been potty training for about 6 months and doing really well but doesn't often wipe despite reminders. Today she went for a wee and screamed out in pain. I gave her calpol but she going camping with my mum today and really looking forward to it and I didn't want to stop her going so off she went with calpol given to mum. I'm picking her up in the morning so will see how she is then. Is it a doctor job or can I treat it myself? I bought some cranberry juice tonight to see if this helps.

orangehead Sun 15-Jul-07 00:13:54

prob docs 4 urine sample to check 4 infection

CountessDracula Sun 15-Jul-07 00:15:55

are you sure it isn't some kind of nappy rash

dd complains of pain sometimes when weeing and it is always a sore labia thing which a bit of metanium gets rid of

WendyWeber Sun 15-Jul-07 00:16:36

Have you had a look? She might just have a scratch - check that before you go to the doctor.

If you can't see anything then agree with oh.

Jenkeywerewolf Sun 15-Jul-07 15:51:14

She's come back from camping trip and was fine but very tired - today says no pain but several times has wet her pants as if she had no idea she needed a wee. Also has a high temperature. I've given her something for the temperature and will see how she is but I think it's a trip to the docs tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

WigWamBam Sun 15-Jul-07 15:55:22

Sounds like an infection, if she's got a temperature and having accidents.

You need to see the GP.

Jenkeywerewolf Sun 15-Jul-07 21:32:36

Thank you - yes she must be feeling pretty bad as she ended up asking for a nappy after the 4th accident in a row. It's so upsetting for her as she wants to be a big girl and was upset to wee in her new Dora pants! I'm going to phone my GP first thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now