Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can't beat 3 hours in casualty to pass the time

(16 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sat 14-Jul-07 21:22:46

Message withdrawn

allgonebellyup Sat 14-Jul-07 21:24:04

oh god, not fun for you.
have read your posts from last year, hope all is ok for you and your girls.

ChipButty Sat 14-Jul-07 21:24:32

All of human life is there, isn't it? Glad she's okay though. HIJACK -Are you still losing weight? - remember your name from the Lighter Life thread.

beansprout Sat 14-Jul-07 21:24:42

I try to go as often as possible. Always good value

Glad she is ok.

moljam Sat 14-Jul-07 21:25:16

oh no!ouch!hope shes ok.casualty is no fun

VeniVidiVickiQV Sat 14-Jul-07 21:25:40

Ah yes, Saturday afternoon at A & E. Always helps speed along the weekend....

Glad she is okay.

CalifrauniusFudge Sat 14-Jul-07 21:26:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yorkiegirl Sat 14-Jul-07 21:26:22

Message withdrawn

ChipButty Sat 14-Jul-07 21:32:16

Good for you - you deserve to be very proud of yourself.

Judy1234 Sat 14-Jul-07 22:33:06

We have a local minor injuries clinic which was a great find - much faster than A&E. Might be worth seeing if there's one near you. It only does things like sprains or breaks following an injury.

Actually when my student daughter lost the ability to speak after a head injury or to write... it only lasted 30 minutes thankfully, she was whizzed straight through casualty as fast as I've ever seen it, waiting room full of toddlers with hurt arms etc but because of her possible immediate brain damage they were brilliant. It was very good triage but I felt sorry for all the parents with little ones there waiting.

ApuNahasapeemapetilon Sat 14-Jul-07 22:35:17

slight hijack - my whole town seem to be svelte due to lighter life 2.5 stone in 7 weeks my friend told me on fri!!! the changes are amazing!

ApuNahasapeemapetilon Sat 14-Jul-07 22:35:28

slight hijack - my whole town seem to be svelte due to lighter life 2.5 stone in 7 weeks my friend told me on fri!!! the changes are amazing!

PandaG Sat 14-Jul-07 22:36:34

Yorkie - glad it wasn't a break, but what a bore spending 3 hours in casualty on a Sat afternoon. Is she still in pain?

mm22bys Sat 14-Jul-07 22:40:18

Sorry to hear about DD2, sounds very painful.

Glad to hear it wasn't broken.

We spent three hours this afternoon stuck on the M25!!!

Yorkiegirl Sat 14-Jul-07 23:09:21

Message withdrawn

Judy1234 Sun 15-Jul-07 10:49:09

Sounds like you had no choice, then. I just remember the time we disocvered the minor injuries unit which I hadn't know about and it did save a few long waits in casualty but even so sometimes it was a while to wait. I was last there when I pulled a muscle in the mother's race at sports day which was very funny indeed for everyone particularly as I thought I was quite fit. I have never entered it in the 3 years since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now