Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another 'kid's teeth' question!

(2 Posts)
oxocube Sat 14-Jul-07 19:05:02

My daughter will be 10 in October. She still had a milk tooth, bottom incisor, which showed no sighns of coming out. Our denstist said that it was best to remove it to encourage the adult tooth to come through (he x-rayed to make sure it was there) as he said the milk tooth would possibly stay until she was in her late teens before falling out. He plans to keep an eye on it and if there is no movement in the next year or so, refer her to an orthodontist to have the bottom teeth braced and pushed together so there will be no gap when she is older.

Does anyone else have any experience of this? TIA

nooka Sat 14-Jul-07 19:11:31

I've got two bottom baby teeth still, but no replacements on there way I think. My old dentist said they would fall out in my 30's, but they are still going strong - new dentist just said I should look after them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now