Talk

Advanced search

Red mark / spot on breast

(6 Posts)
lostfrequencies Tue 16-Apr-19 15:42:33

I've noticed this little spot come up on my breast, about an inch above my areola, over the last couple of days. Today it's hard and slightly hot to touch and I can feel a swelling around the general area. It's painful when prodded but otherwise I'm not really aware of it. I'm thinking it could be an ingrown hair - but I can't recall having one before so I don't really know what they look like. I can't find a head on it either.

I just wondered if anyone could advise on what it might be. I'll go to the GP if I need to, generally try to avoid it at all costs confused but I do realise that no one can really diagnose online.

OP’s posts: |
lostfrequencies Tue 16-Apr-19 16:00:54

Maybe shows it slightly better..

lostfrequencies Tue 16-Apr-19 19:35:08

Hopeful bump (pardon the pun..)

dahliaaa Tue 16-Apr-19 20:43:47

I would leave it for a few days to see if it’s a spot and just disappears - if not then see gp so they can have a quick check.

Ouchy Tue 16-Apr-19 21:55:03

Hi, the fact you mention that it's slightly hot would to me suggest a visit to the GP very soon would be best. I am not a medical professional, and I know there are many things it could be that are not at all urgent or worrying. But the fact it's a little bit hot and slightly hard mean I would make a GP visit a priority. Just to be on the safe side.

jinglebellmel Wed 17-Apr-19 19:24:30

Sounds like a boil type thing to me - I get them on my thighs occasionally (v attractive!) I’d try a hot compress tonight and see if it goes down or comes to a head. If not then book a gp appointment just for them to double check.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »