Talk

Advanced search

Hit my head very very hard on hen weekend - what should I do?

(4 Posts)
Daydreamer71 Mon 15-Apr-19 09:18:03

I was very very drunk, it was awful, I fell over and hit my head really hard on a step, my right ear took the brunt of it and is very bruised and was bleeding a lot. It's been 36 hours since it happened - I haven't been sick at all all weekend, I don't currently have a headache, but I haven't been able to sleep through the anxiety of it so I've slept about 4 hours last night. Do I need to have it checked? I also havent Had blurred vision or slurred speech etc., however I had bloody boggies last night.

OP’s posts: |
AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 15-Apr-19 09:19:19

Call 111. They'll be able to triage you.

I would expect that they'd want you to be seen, but I don't know if it would still be A&E after so much time has passed, or if they'd help you get an emergency appointment at your doctors in the next four hours.

Happyspud Mon 15-Apr-19 09:23:18

Without any symptoms and after 36 hrs I wouldn’t be unduly worried. But seek medical advice, not mine!

I came off a motorbike at speed in the desert in Africa yrs ago. Knocked myself out. No hospital within even 8hr riding. I was scared as definitely had concussion but once I’d gone past 24 hrs felt safe enough. Maybe wrongly!

BarbRoyle Mon 15-Apr-19 10:22:40

Definitely get it checked. Nothing lost if all is fine but you need to make sure x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »