Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mooncup beginner - why is it so hard to get it out!

(7 Posts)
Idreamofdaleks Sat 14-Jul-07 10:02:01

I finally bought myself a mooncup and it's all going well until I have to get it out!

I find it really hard to break the suction and get hold of it to pull it out!

I have done it twice now but it is all a bit too much - the bathroom floor always takes a couple of drops and I just HATE getting it out, plus find it all gruesome, although I guess I will getused to that bit of it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it out quickly, easily and elegantly?

nearlythere Sat 14-Jul-07 10:03:36

squeeze the bottom and sort of wriggle it so that one edge comes out first iyswim!

MarsLady Sat 14-Jul-07 10:03:56

Practise my lovely, practise!!!!!!!!!

cece Sat 14-Jul-07 10:04:19

Bear down with your internal muscles so that you can grab the base of the cup. Then give it a small squeeze to break the suction. Then pull out.

HTH

BBBBasilisk Sat 14-Jul-07 10:07:55

i is horrible at first and then you get it and it is easy. Squeeze the bottom bit and kind of twist to release the suction or poke your finger up the side. I had exactly this problem when I first started using - there will be my old thread somewhere - now (3rd cycle) I love it - best saintary thing I ever did!

Idreamofdaleks Sat 14-Jul-07 10:11:54

OK I am not squeezing the bottom so will try that with a twist - thanks for the encouragement; I am finding it hard going because of the removing bit, although putting it in and the wearing of it has been fine

Roskva Sat 14-Jul-07 10:16:00

It took me a couple of days to get the hang of it, but keep trying, it really is worth it. The bear down and twist technique works for me, and I find that sort of flattening and bending it on the way out helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now