Talk

Advanced search

Sciatica

(5 Posts)
TwistinMyMelon Sun 14-Apr-19 20:06:16

I seem to be having the first serious bout of back pain I have ever had in my life, had it since yesterday - not clear trigger - really bad pain in left lower back, ocassional spasms of pain that go all the way down my leg to my heel. Takes my breath away and makes me feel nauseous!

Have been taking paracetamol and brufen but not touching it, so currently am in a hot bath waiting till I can have some ibuprofen and codeine I've just bought.

I'm an hcp so I know all the standard advice, just wondering if anyone has some top tips they can share?

OP’s posts: |
fudgesmummy Sun 14-Apr-19 22:06:18

Following with interest and full sympathy, have been in agony for the last 2 weeks with sciatica ☹️
Have got painkillers from the hospital and have had to buy a walking stick, can’t get in and out of the bath so can’t try that is ease the pain

Redskyandrainbows67 Sun 14-Apr-19 22:11:38

Are you sure it’s not a kidney infection? With the nausea and all...

TwistinMyMelon Sun 14-Apr-19 22:17:45

@Redskyandrainbows67 - no very much related to the pain - had a kidney infection before so know what that feels like.

Also don't think kidney infection pain would radiate down my leg like this. No urinary symptoms either. But feel like my back need "cracking" if that makes sense. Pain is lower than my kidneys, right in the sacroiliac joint.

TwistinMyMelon Sun 14-Apr-19 22:22:38

@fudgesmummy - not quite at walking stick stage yet, but know I definitely can't bend over to pick stuff up at the moment - found that out earlier!

Took some otc codeine mixed with brufen earlier and have to confess have had a glass of wine! Eased a bit but still bad twinges now and then. I know you're supposed to stay active but supposed to be training for a half marathon at the moment and just couldn't imagine being able to go out for a run how I am right now!

Hope you feel better soon - sounds miserable! 😕

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in