Talk

Advanced search

Fast heart rate

(5 Posts)
Tasha2106 Sat 13-Apr-19 20:30:45

Ever since having my DS 13 months ago I’ve had elevated heart rate resting it’s anywhere between 80-120 bpm. I am on sertraline for PND. It is really starting to worry me anyone else had this?

OP’s posts: |
HopeAndJoy16 Sat 13-Apr-19 20:37:11

Have you mentioned it to your GP? Could it be anxiety related? Or caffeine related?! I personally wouldn't be worried about a heart rate below a hundred, but if it's often higher than that i would make a gp appointment. They might do further investigations

standardaccount Sun 14-Apr-19 15:10:37

Probably anxiety, when I have bad anxiety my heart rate goes over 100 just sitting in a lecture. Then I tend to notice and concentrate on my heart rate then panic if I feel it's going too fast which in turn speeds it up even more! Try not to worry but of course see a doctor if you're concerned x

Redskyandrainbows67 Sun 14-Apr-19 22:17:46

Could you be a bit low in iron /anemic?

HarryTheSteppenwolf Mon 15-Apr-19 13:32:52

Fairly common side-effect of SSRIs, but not to be ignored. Do you know whether your pulse is regular? Have you had an ECG since the birth and/or since starting on the antidepressant?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »