Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

10 week old - reflux & homeopathic remedies?

(5 Posts)
weeonion Fri 13-Jul-07 20:16:03

hi there - a friend's 10 week old has been diagnosed with reflux and has been given yet another prescription for infant gaviscon. she is reluctant to use this - does anyone know of a homeopathic remedy??

octo Fri 13-Jul-07 20:18:16

Hello WO - not but worth going to see a cranial osteopath or cranial sacrotherapist/sacriologist. I have just found a local one after years of hunting and am planning to go myself! DS3 was fine when we went yesterday - but he was clearly worried about me!

octo Fri 13-Jul-07 20:18:50

no not not!!

Elibean Fri 13-Jul-07 20:21:12

I wish I could remember the name - I was given one, when dd2 was diagnosed with reflux. It didn't help one bit, though, sadly. Ranitidine and Domperidone did - Gaviscon stopped her being sick so much, but did nothing for the pain.

Hope your friend's LO has it mildly, and gets better soon

teafortwoandtwofortea Fri 13-Jul-07 21:01:33

Both DS1 and DS2 had reflux. With DS1 we used Enfamil AR, a pre-thickened baby milk you can gewt on prescription. It cost the GP about the same as gaviscon so they should be happy to give it to your friend if she wants to try it.

DS2 turned out to be allergic to the milk so we now use nutramigen (a hypo-allegenic dairy based formula) with gaviscon - that greatly improved his discomfort and sickness. You can have colic as well as reflux as DS2 did so you got windy sick as well as reflux sick and general discomfort - we used infacol until he was about 3 1/2 moths with each feed.

There is a wonderful site here with lots of information. It is aimed at BF babies but there are lots of non-feeding related bits of advce there too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now