Talk

Advanced search

High blood presure and tablets

(4 Posts)
biglips Tue 09-Apr-19 11:08:19

For the past 2 weeks Ive been on 2 different lots of tablets for high blood pressure as it was reading 220/190. This morning reading was 165/90. I've had hbp for 20 years but my docs always said it's borderline, you don't need tablets. It was on average 138/100. Hosp said u need to be on them now as I ended up having migraines for a few weeks on and off for the first time.

Will I start feeling more awake if my bp will lower down... Or do I have to help it too?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
PoppyD93x Tue 09-Apr-19 15:32:04

Sorry op no advice from me but ive also got an average of around 138/90ish and am not being offered medication because its borderline so I'll be watching this post of advice!

Thebatmother Tue 09-Apr-19 15:39:05

Do you feel tireder since you started the drugs? Or did you feel the same before?
My BP was around 160/120 when I first started treatment in my 20s. Generally mine is between 120/75 - 140/90 these days but no one has ever suggested not being on medication. I’m on 4 drugs.

Some drugs do cause tiredness especially beta blockers. What drugs are you taking?

When you say “Do I have to help it too” I’m not sure what you mean?

biglips Wed 17-Apr-19 20:05:09

I'm on ramipril and amlodipine tabs. My bp is slowing coming down. Yes I've been tired for a few years now but I put it down to stress but it could actually be my bp causing it. I do feel I've got abit more energy. What I meant cos my blood is pumping better than it was, will it ever go down where I should be? And will I start feeling more energetic? Will the headache go away? ... I've got loads of questions to ask when I see the bp doctor next month.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »