Talk

Advanced search

Driving after core biopsy

(8 Posts)
fuckweasel Mon 08-Apr-19 18:45:33

I have an appointment at the breast clinic soon to investigate a lump I found. If I have to have a core biopsy, will I feel up to driving afterwards? It will take several hours driving to get home. A friend has offered to come with me, I have declined but suddenly thought I may need someone to help with the drive home. I would welcome any experiences of how you felt after a biopsy. Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
LiliesAndChocolate Mon 08-Apr-19 19:21:26

I had one recently and drove home without any issue.

They will do an local anaesthetic before the biopsy and didn't feel anything for a couple of hours, so you will be absolutely fine.

I wouldn't decline a friend, I wish I'd had one with me. It can be a frightening time.
In my case, everything was fine in the end, but I spent a very shitty week waiting for the results and playing many breast cancer films in m head.

Good luck! flowersflowersflowers

CherryPavlova Mon 08-Apr-19 19:25:37

I drove home afterwards.

MadameGazelleIsMyHomegirl Mon 08-Apr-19 19:35:15

Yes you’ll be fine. I drove home and felt fine- so fine in fact that I went on a night out that night!

CherryPavlova Mon 08-Apr-19 19:44:10

I went alone as I was working and needed to get back afterwards. I’d suggest making sure you have plenty of Paracetamol in the house and expect a fair amount of deep bruising.

fuckweasel Tue 09-Apr-19 22:20:05

Thank you for your replies. I’ve had periods of panic seemingly from nowhere today so think I’ll ask a friend to come. Wouldn’t be so bad if the clinic wasn’t four hours from home!

OP’s posts: |
pickingdaisies Tue 09-Apr-19 22:28:41

Take a friend. It can be emotionally draining, you'll be glad to have someone with you for the support, and so you can collapse in a heap in the passenger seat on the way home. 💐

CherryPavlova Tue 09-Apr-19 23:18:03

The waiting is the hardest part. I was much closer, which does make it easier. I also went in knowing fairly certainly that I had breast cancer so no surprises. I think you have to hang on to most women not having core biopsy and most women not having malignancy. I hope you are left reassured and intact.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »