Talk

Advanced search

Disappearing marks? Photos included!

(14 Posts)
PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 10:35:36

Has anyone ever had this as a result of a viral infection? These marks appear from no where. Looks like I've been scratching but I haven't. Then within about 10 minutes they disappear. Also hands a bit blotchy and so is face.

OP’s posts: |
PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 10:36:15

More pics

Seaweed42 Sun 07-Apr-19 11:17:12

Are you taking anything for the virus? It could be a reaction to an ingredient in the medication?

PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 11:58:52

Just the usual ibuprofen and paracetamol. Although not feeling so rough today so not had any since last night.
I've been feeling sick on and off too with a horrible ache in my stomach 😫

Blueowls Sun 07-Apr-19 12:02:06

Are you totally sure you haven't been absent mindedly having a gentle scratch? Even the direction of the marks would fit with scratches, and if you have a virus your skin might just be that bit more sensitive and prone to inflammation?

PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 12:03:46

I'm pretty sure as the one on my knee came up while I was in the bath so I know I hadn't scratched it. It first started on my hands and I knew I hadn't scratched as I was holding my book at the time

Samind Sun 07-Apr-19 12:07:25

Watching this with interest as I've had something similar before. feel like burning though before that appears. Not bothered by it or worried. Has it happened before?

CielBleuEtNuages Sun 07-Apr-19 12:07:52

Ds had this though much worse when he was11 months old and poorly. Huge red blotches that moved all the time. I took photos to show the Dr as it kept changing.

He had a virus and kept being sick so he was admitted to hospital overnight for IV fluids. That was for dehydration though not the blotches. That cleared up by itself when the virus ended.

PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 12:42:01

I think it possible has happened before but not to this extent. It does burn and itch while it's there. When it's gone it's like nothing ever happened!

Daffodils07 Sun 07-Apr-19 13:11:31

Hives, common after a viral and if you have allergies.
Take some antihistamine that should help.

CheeryByeNow Sun 07-Apr-19 13:13:17

It's just hives. Take piriton or the like: I've had it for years. Nothing to worry about. Google dermagrpahism

PsGirl Sun 07-Apr-19 17:08:48

I've now started to feel a tight chest and throat. Not sure if it's just anxiety from the stress of being ill constantly for months or what 😫

Seaweed42 Sun 07-Apr-19 22:19:26

I found I got hives on my face after a generic cheap brand of paracetamol. Couldn't work it out for ages! If I use the branded painkillers it's fine. A pharmacist said they can put slightly different things in the generic ones along with the drug.

Seaweed42 Sun 07-Apr-19 22:21:50

See if the timing of the marks coincides with taking a painkiller.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »