Talk

Advanced search

Ordering pills over the internet

(20 Posts)
OhTheRoses Fri 05-Apr-19 23:37:04

Thrpugh a registered pharmacy. Is it an issue?

I couldn't get a gp apt so ordered a 28 supply of Amitrytiline via the internet. Is GP likely to have a grump?

OP’s posts: |
Zofloramummy Sat 06-Apr-19 00:40:14

I’ve ordered online before and my GP has never mentioned it!

Jon65 Sat 06-Apr-19 01:01:29

I too buy online when I'm going away and my gp won't give more than 3 months worth. He did say I suppose you can buy them anyway somewhere! He just seemed to accept it . . .

stopfuckingshoutingatme Thu 11-Apr-19 23:20:36

Really ? What’s the website ?

JuniperBeer Thu 11-Apr-19 23:22:32

Is there a reason you need an appt and can’t just put in a repeat?

If you haven’t had it before how havw you been prescribed it?

Silvercatowner Sat 13-Apr-19 06:12:48

Yeah I order amitriptyline over the internet. I've not had a problem with the company. It dropped off my repeat prescription a while ago and I can't be arsed to book an appointment with my GP to get it put back on.

spugzbunny Sat 13-Apr-19 06:28:30

Personally I wouldn't be mentioning it to my GP

JenniferJareau Sat 13-Apr-19 06:34:24

Don't think my GP knew when I ordered pills for myself.

concernedforthefuture Sat 13-Apr-19 06:36:17

I don't understand how you can get medication from a registered pharmacy without a GP prescription confused

Silvercatowner Sat 13-Apr-19 06:44:57

I don't understand how you can get medication from a registered pharmacy without a GP prescription

You do have to answer a list of questions which are, I think, tailored to the drug being requested. The website states that all requests are then checked by a GP.

JenniferJareau Sat 13-Apr-19 08:18:41

I don't understand how you can get medication from a registered pharmacy without a GP prescription

There are online medication companies that have you complete a questionnaire, their doctor reviews it then the pills are sent to you.

costacoffeecup Sat 13-Apr-19 08:39:35

I got the pill online for years. Just had to submit a bp reading every so often so I got a cheap monitor off amazon. GP wasn't aware I don't think.

Blankspace4 Sat 13-Apr-19 08:44:41

I have ordered via UK Meds before. I did have to state my GP details but I think that’s just for their records and not because they are going to contact them. It was for a drug I had been previously prescribed. The GP which signed off to issue / validate the prescription I presume was employed by UK Meds.

When the tablets arrived they had been issued by a pharmacy in Nottingham.

nometal Sat 13-Apr-19 08:48:00

You get what is effectively a private prescription. Some online pharmacies include the cost in the pill, others charge a separate fee.

CalvinJohn Sat 13-Apr-19 12:43:24

UK meds can be unreliable. Even if you've done all they asked they can refuse your order due to the length of time you've been ordering from them.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 13-Apr-19 12:46:00

Instant e care is reliable.

Blankspace4 Sat 13-Apr-19 13:05:23

@CalvinJohn that’s interesting - thanks, I’m on to my third order so I’ll assume I’m back to GP next time

Silvercatowner Sat 13-Apr-19 13:34:29

Thanks @MyDcAreMarvel I've just ordered from Instant E Care.

CalvinJohn Mon 15-Apr-19 18:14:18

Instant e care are great

Tanfastic Mon 15-Apr-19 23:17:10

I've order antiobiotics for cystitis before with Lloyd's Pharmacy. Reason being it's such a palava to get a gp appointment, then my wee to be tested, then to be told there's no infection when I know there bloody is. It's an antiobiotic I've taken before that I know works (which it did) so I don't see an issue. Drugs arrive within 24 hours and you don't have to leave y our armchair.

However I told my gp recently when I went about something else and got a bit of a bollocking confused.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »