We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Newly virginal!!!

(7 Posts)
FannyPeculiar Thu 12-Jul-07 15:41:57

DD is 6.5mths in which time I've managed one painful go at sex. have just had a smear done and it was also really painful! The nurse recommended I speak to GP. Anyone out there had the same thing? What do GPs recommend?? This is soooo embarassing but it really bloody hurts!

AuntJetPetunia Thu 12-Jul-07 19:53:00

Hi, sorry can't be any help. Maybe something to do with your cervix? I agree, see your GP. Hopefully someone more useful than me will see this when it bumps up.

lulumama Thu 12-Jul-07 19:54:15

which bit is painful?

is it painful beacuse you are tense, or is it something else?

did you have a difficult delivery?

Pitchounette Thu 12-Jul-07 20:17:36

Message withdrawn

cornsilk Thu 12-Jul-07 20:19:14

I had a similar problem. GP advised me to just have a few more goes and it did sort it out!

Starshar Fri 03-Aug-07 21:48:51

Hi, i've just joined mumsnet and don't really know what the abbreviations are. Anyway, my first baby is 6 months old now, I had an emergency c-section and like you we have tried sex about 3 times and it has been painful, have had to stop, I finally have a gyny appointment because the GP couldn't help, just did 2 swab tests as I've had discharge too, but both came back 'normal'. Having looked at another website I'm now wondering if painful sex after c-section is common....feel like a freak and really wanting answers. Husband lovely and understanding but don't really want to live rest of life as like a nun and I do want more kids! Yes I'm also worried about smear test which is now due and keep putting it off...can anyone help??

SlightlyMadSpider Fri 03-Aug-07 21:53:45

It could be because you are tense as you 'know' it is gonna hurt. If this is the case I would recommend doggy style a couple of times as the pressure will be away from any likely tear and phsycologically you can relax more, making it easier.

After a couple of times return to whatever you usually do and you may find that you relax more as you have experienced it w/o pain so 'know' it can be painfree.

Whilst I appreciate that there could be a more serious problem the above worked for me and may be worth exploring in the first instance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now