Talk

Advanced search

New to mooncup and I have an embarrassing question, is this normal?

(8 Posts)
PegLegAntoine Wed 03-Apr-19 12:24:34

So I’ve just started using one, I was amazed how quickly it filled up.

But it was quite watery in the top. Like blood for most of it and then maybe about 20% clear liquid above it. I wasn’t expecting that, is it normal?!

OP’s posts: |
PegLegAntoine Thu 04-Apr-19 08:56:05

Hopeful bump blush

Coffeeandcrumpet Thu 04-Apr-19 08:57:33

Yep that's what I get too.

Cannyhandleit Thu 04-Apr-19 09:00:56

No advice as ive never used one but I'm interested to know how you find it?? I've often thought about getting one!

79andnotout Thu 04-Apr-19 09:02:24

Yep totally normal. It's amazing how much information you get about your period consistency and volume with a cup. I love mine!

PegLegAntoine Thu 04-Apr-19 09:59:04

Oh that’s good then thank you. I just wasn’t expecting it to look like that, frankly grin

I think it’ll take me a while to get used to it but I feel it’ll be worth it. I was having to change super tampons in under 2 hours. The cup filled very quickly however a friend told me it can actually make your period go quicker which seems to be right this time at least as normally I’d be on another very heavy day today, but there seems to be virtually nothing there already. So while I may still have a day of not feeling brave enough to do much, it will be far better than the 3-4 days I usually have!

I got an organicup brand btw which was only £15 on amazon so I figured affordable enough to try

PegLegAntoine Thu 04-Apr-19 10:01:29

Canny the thing I’m struggling with most is the “suction” feeling of forming/breaking the seal. It just feels... weird! I get a bit shaky but my cervix is veeeery high (so midwives have said anyway, I have a tilted uterus too) so it’s going quite high up. Opposite to my friend who has a very low cervix since having kids and so it’s easier to insert and remove, but she had to cut the stem off as it was uncomfortable.

Cannyhandleit Thu 04-Apr-19 11:59:35

I might bite the bullet and order one then. I feel like a slave to the heavy period just now, I have 3/4 days of constant pad changes and checking for leaks! I thought as I got older these things would get easier but at 36 I have resigned myself to just having shitty periods!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »