Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

suspect rash - any ideas

(6 Posts)
LEMONADEGIRL Thu 12-Jul-07 13:29:36

Took my ds of 8mths to doctors yesterday as his nursery were concerned over a rash on his back. The rash looked like nettle rash, was warm to the touch and covered his one side of his lower back and down to bum. (has not been anywhere near any nettles btw)

Doctor looked at it and striaght away that it was an allergic reaction to somthing - has not had any different food/ household products etc. He perscribed Fucibet cream and sent me on my way.

Today rash has gone down and what is left has faded but bumps are still bit red and raised.

Today nuresry said thaat they have chicken pox doing rounds and ds has been sick couple of times this am.

Do you think it he has chicken pox rather than rash?
secondly am due to visit new mum this pm do you think should hold off visiting?

sorry bit long

tia

LEMONADEGIRL Thu 12-Jul-07 13:51:02

bump

loopylou6 Thu 12-Jul-07 17:49:49

my son ahd somethinmg simialr to that, it turned out he'd been touching trees and he was having an illergic reaction, copuld he possible be touching trees when hes at nursery when they have play out time?

LEMONADEGIRL Thu 12-Jul-07 18:17:50

thanks loupylou,

they do have a garden, good idea hadn't thought of that one

LIZS Thu 12-Jul-07 18:21:23

Sounds like hives. Possibly he has been in conatct with something different at nursery , maybe in the carpet, damp grass, plants etc.

LEMONADEGIRL Thu 12-Jul-07 21:38:18

thanks lizs, I understand that the sickness comes beofre the rash so hives is more like it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now