Talk

Advanced search

Strange discharge found at smear test

(3 Posts)
OhNoMelonballs Tue 02-Apr-19 15:23:06

This will be TMI so sorry in advance!!

Had a smear/biopsy 2018 and found CIN1

Had my follow up smear this week. The nurse said she could hardly see my cervix due to discharge

The discharge is thick, but she said it does not resemble thrush. It has the same consistency and colour as wet tissue paper and there is literally loads of it, high up.

It never comes out externally so I am unaware of this showing in underwear, however it is a new thing that started a couple of months ago,

It doesn't smell and almost looks stringy sometimes, like you might get in a period, but without any blood.

I'm worried. She didn't know what it was and has taken some swabs, one for Chlamydia- just in case, although I am in a long term relationship with no other symptoms

Has anyone had this before? I say discharge but it feels more 'solid' and not at all liquid

thank you x

OP’s posts: |
ForFrithsSake Tue 02-Apr-19 16:12:28

Do you use tampons OP? I've heard that the fibres can shed and build up internally... this would be similar to what the nurse described.

Ohyesiam Tue 02-Apr-19 16:16:08

I’d go to a sexual health clinic. Not that I think you have an infection, but they really know their stuff. I did a stint on one as a student nurse and they dealt effectively with lots of non- infection issues.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »