Talk

Advanced search

what can this be??

(8 Posts)
billsnewhat Sun 31-Mar-19 21:19:03

My brothers partner has been unwell now for a week it started with a droopy face one side and double vision. Had a lumbar puncture, brain scan and mri scan at beginning of last week and all clear. One set of bloods show an infection but she needs more tests to determine whether a viral infection or a bacterial infection. If tests confirm a bacterial infection she can be treated with steroids but doctors refuse to start treatment until they know what sort of infection it is. In the meantine she is getting worse day by day and now has a headache and a rash and her hearing is now distorted. I think they are going to go to a and e but does anyone know what this can be.

OP’s posts: |
MidnightMystery Sun 31-Mar-19 21:35:55

Defo need to go to AnE
I'm no doctor but Ramsay hunt syndrome fits.

Ivegotthree Sun 31-Mar-19 21:41:08

Bells Palsy maybe?

MrsEricBana Sun 31-Mar-19 21:43:08

Gosh poor, poor thing. No idea but A&E best place. Hope she's better soon.

StiltonVanDeKamp Sun 31-Mar-19 21:45:34

Was also going to say Ramsay Hunt, especially with the rash. Has the rash been swabbed? She should get seen as soon as possible.

Galwaygirl Sun 31-Mar-19 21:49:08

Also going to suggest bells palsy, can be triggered by stress

Storminateacup74 Sun 31-Mar-19 23:09:27

Ramsay hunt does sound possible although rash is on her lower arm. I can't get hold of them so hoping they are at a and e. She doesn't feel particularly ill but the symptoms just keep growing as they aren't treating it.

DailyMailSucksWails Mon 01-Apr-19 19:53:18

Bells Palsy (?) Has she been thru a stressful event recently?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »