Advanced search

Advice needed

(9 Posts)
LittleChristmasMouse Sun 31-Mar-19 16:15:57

I'm just looking for advice, support or maybe to be told to just get on with it.

I have a few related chronic health conditions that makes daily life a struggle. 2 weeks ago I fainted twice at work and then suffered a GI bleed. Admitted to hospital and had lots of tests. They weren't able to pinpoint the cause of the bleed but I am having upper and lower endoscopy as an outpatient.

Whilst in it was noted that my oxygen and bp were very low and so they did a vq scan to rule out a PE and also an echocardiogram. This has shown a possible heart problem but I need to be seen by a cardiologist to find out exactly what is wrong. They seem to be considering that the faints were caused by a cardiac event. Blood gases were normal though pulse ox only 90% (rising to 95% on oxygen) but they don't know why gases are normal while pulse ox is low.

My issue is that I am now home and terrified really. I feel very dizzy when standing and breathless when walking or talking.

What should I do? I can't go back to work while feeling like this but I can't stay off until I'm see again. I feel too scared to go out in case something happens but have more questions than answers.

What do I do?

OP’s posts: |
Borntobeamum Sun 31-Mar-19 18:18:30

I can't offer any advice other than maybe call 111 and ask them?

LittleChristmasMouse Sun 31-Mar-19 20:16:11

Thank you. I don't think 111 are going to have any answers. Nothing has changed since I left hospital and they know how I was. It's just waiting to have the tests done now and I just don't know how to manage in that time.

OP’s posts: |
BlueMerchant Sun 31-Mar-19 20:20:22

Not much advice but could you make an appointment to see G.P who could talk things through with you to maybe alleviate some of your fear. I know they won't have all the answers but chatting things through with someone medically trained may help.

mando12345 Sun 31-Mar-19 20:23:01

Second the advice to go to your gp with a list of questions.

In my experience of there was any immediate concern then they wouldn't have cleared you to work, you would have been told to go home and take it easy.

Dodie66 Sun 31-Mar-19 20:24:27

I agree you should go and see your GP. If you can’t go to work get signed off. They will also check you over

LittleChristmasMouse Mon 01-Apr-19 10:12:27

Thank you all. Have seen GP this morning. He's signed me off work and said he would hope that the cardiology appointment will be through quickly. He advised to chase from the end of the week and if not here within 2 to consider going privately.

OP’s posts: |
mando12345 Mon 01-Apr-19 11:25:49

I'm pleased you went to the gp.
I've found the best way to chase up appointments is to be extremely pleasant and polite!
Say you've been signed off and feel too anxious to work.
Try not to worry too much, plenty of box sets and nice chilled walks, really try not to think about it really doesn't help.

LittleChristmasMouse Mon 01-Apr-19 11:31:39

Thank you. I am trying not to think about it. I just feel so very breathless and dizzy when I stand up. We know that my blood pressure is very low, which is causing this, we just don't know why.

Gp told me to exercise as I am able to but to get urgent advice if I get any symptoms - which include breathlessness or dizziness which I am getting so it's very hard to dismiss them whilst knowing that they could be symptoms.

Hopefully I will start to feel better as the week passes.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »