Talk

Advanced search

Tonsillitis

(8 Posts)
tartandreams Sun 31-Mar-19 10:10:54

Just looking for a bit of advice, I think I might have tonsillitis. I've been getting tonsil stones and removing them myself, and I think all the poking and prodding has set this off.

I woke yesterday with a killer sore throat that was all red, I was freezing cold all day and shivery (didn't have a temperature, but I'd been taking ibuprofen all day) a sore head and just generally feeling a bit achey and shit. This morning I've woke up and my throat is still very sore and now has those white kind of spots.

What should I do? Just carry on as I am and wait for it to get better?

OP’s posts: |
tartandreams Sun 31-Mar-19 12:26:26

mummymayhem18 Sun 31-Mar-19 12:52:28

I think if you have the white spots on your tonsils then you probably do have tonsillitis.

Nogodsnomasters Sun 31-Mar-19 16:38:54

Sounds to me like you do have it. I've got it at the minute and ended up in hospital on a drip for 24hrs, (I think that's worst case scenario so try not to worry!) but you should definitely see a doctor who will hopefully give you antibiotics, the sooner you start them the better.

EduCated Sun 31-Mar-19 16:41:51

White spots (plus history of tonsil stones) is worth seeing the GP for, likely for antibiotics.

tartandreams Sun 31-Mar-19 20:49:41

Thanks for your replies! I got a throat spray from the chemist today and have popped a message and gruesome photo attached over to the GP to see in the morning, so here's hoping it'll get fixed!

mummymayhem18 Sun 31-Mar-19 22:37:16

Good luck. I always get tonsil stones as well. Yucky smelly things 🤮🤢 x

Nogodsnomasters Tue 02-Apr-19 07:52:59

How are you now op?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »