Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

(7 Posts)
Worriedwart18 Sat 30-Mar-19 21:46:44

I did post elsewhere but I would rather post on the right board for better answers.

Yesterday 2am had a sore scratchy throat. Gargled some mouthwash. All was fine.

Yesterday woke up at 8am bit of a headache sore throat still there took some paracetamol and went back to bed.

Got up at 10am yesterday made breakfast as husband had day off work. Felt a bit meh but nothing too bad.

Literally an hour later I can't walk, my body is shivering with chills, body aching, and burning up around the high 38's.

Goes on like this for about 6 hours where I just feel like death. No other cold symptoms apart from a sore throat.

Come 9pm yesterday it's like nothing had happened my husband said it doesn't even look like you have the flu or that you've been bed ridden. I still had a high temp but felt fine.

Watched a bit of TV and went back to bed about 11pm. Come 2am this morning my temp was raging again at 39.5, sweating, heart beating fast, felt like death couldn't move.

Got to 5am before again I felt a bit better. Slept for a bit still felt a bit lathargic but assumed I'd gotten over the worse of it.

Come 11am this morning I was crying out in pain it felt like my legs were being crushed by elephants my body was aching like hell.

Then an hour later I was fine. Temp went down, managed to have a bath and for nearly 8 hours managed to have no high temp (still a little on warm side) and felt normal again.

And now I'm coming down with a temp again, heating up, getting flashed, body aching. Throat is still really sore but have looked and can't see any pus, white spots and don't have swollen glands. Just slightly red.

Now I haven't called anyone because I have a poorly 8 month old that I'm staying well clear of. My husband is busy looking after him and don't want to disrupt them, plus he doesn't drive. Close family are away on holiday so noone to really take me to an out of hour GP that is about 45 mins away.

Has anyone experienced something this bizarre at all? I don't know whether to ride it out and hope it's a viral infection or whether it could be something else?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
QuestionableMouse Sun 31-Mar-19 00:24:11

How are you doing now? There's a bug going round that sounds like that, with the sore throat/temp/headache. Hope you're OK!

MidnightMystery Sun 31-Mar-19 21:45:47

Vitamin deficiency, I'd have the doc to rub some tests especially vitamin D

MidnightMystery Sun 31-Mar-19 21:46:00

Run *

Nogodsnomasters Tue 02-Apr-19 07:55:42

Could be a number of things, viral tonsillitis, glandular fever etc. If you still feel rubbish I would advise a phone call to gp.

gamerchick Tue 02-Apr-19 07:58:26

There's a virus going about that behaves exactly like that. It's like an obvious tennis battle with the immune system and you're the ball. Really puts a crimp on your day but it will leave. Your immune system will win the war.

LaLaLamp Sat 06-Apr-19 18:28:41

I think I have this but not the elephants on legs bit. Felt fine all the while I am doing nothing but as soon as I got up to go and do a bit of shopping I thought I was going to pass out. I am being tested for other stuff which could be vitamin deficiency related but this is a bug I think, on top of a UTI which I've just had. Feeling rather grim and now my ear is beating like a drum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »