Talk

Advanced search

Blood in CM in between periods

(5 Posts)
LittleMissEngineer Sat 30-Mar-19 03:16:54

(CM - cervical mucus)

Positive stories please?

Noticed this towards the end of 2018 (Nov?). Told doctor, she said: one off, don’t worry unless it happens again. Happened again in December (around Xmas), so phoned again. GP said that she would refer me following an STD test (which we laughed about - I have been married 22 years.... Any positive results would mean the death of my husband grin ). Took almost a month to get this done: apparently need a special nurse to do it and they don’t have many... Got referral, no NHS availability, so referred into a local private hospital around 9th April. Seems like a very long time to me!

Had a smear last May - all fine. Googled, scared myself with other gynaecological cancers sad.

Would have thought that the referral process would be quick. If it is just polyps or something, then fine. But my worry is something more serious and time ticking away (ie earlier diagnosis, earlier treatment...). Spotting has continued. I get it after sex and at other random times mid-cycle. Tends to be pink CM or a blood streak in the CM - not blood by itself.

Does anyone have some positive, reassuring stories to tell to help me other the next few weeks (waiting for the appointment)?

OP’s posts: |
grumblina Sat 30-Mar-19 22:56:53

Hi did she have a look at your cervix. I had occasional pink cm and my gp is fantastic as I have health anxiety she examined me and I have a small cervical ectropian - could be that?

PoppyD93x Fri 05-Apr-19 22:26:42

I was literally about to write exactly the same as grumblina!! I have cervical ectropian and the symptoms for me are blood tinged mucus.

swingofthings Sat 06-Apr-19 10:16:57

I had this in my early 40s which was the signal of the start of the perimenopause. Had all tests done, including clamedia and ultrasound and all came back normal. That was followed y totally erratic periods, very light ones, very heavy ones, period stopping and starting again, more discharge for a couple of days out of the blue and finally 6 years later, nothing!

pickletickled Wed 10-Apr-19 22:11:34

I was also coming on to say cervical erosion/ectropian. I have this and it does make me spot sometimes especially if it's around ovulation time as the cervix is softer and opens up a little and particularly if I have sex at this time.
I noticed it happening a little bit more lately and while my GP was examining me internally it was found that I have a cervical polyp - which can also bleed a bit.
Bleeding/spotting between periods doesn't always mean anything sinister.
Hope your appt goes or has already went well OP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »