Talk

Advanced search

Food feels like it's not going down properly. Throat looks odd.

(10 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Thu 28-Mar-19 12:39:25

I have a strange feeling after I eat like I still have bits of food stuck in my throat/back of mouth that won't go down. I had a look at my throat and it looks a bit odd. Like white patches and stuff, just looks not quite right. It's not sore. Any ideas what it could be? Should I wait over a week for a standard gp app or go tomorrow for urgent clinic? I'm already on omeprazole for reflux issues but can't remember gp ever actually looking at my throat. Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
beenhereages1 Thu 28-Mar-19 14:23:43

I'm not a medic but I think I'd go tomorrow, hope everything's ok OP

gamerchick Thu 28-Mar-19 14:25:57

Go to the GP, they might need to up your dose.

FaithInfinity Thu 28-Mar-19 18:22:57

I’d say there’s a possibility of infection so you should get a GP appointment tomorrow. If you have any dispersible aspirin you could gargle with that tonight.

OhWhatAPalaver Thu 28-Mar-19 20:27:55

Thanks for the replies, I'll go tomorrow. Trying not to worry myself in to a panic but it's difficult! Bit of a weird one.

FaithInfinity Fri 29-Mar-19 12:31:04

How are you feeling this morning? Did you get a GP appointment?

NaToth Fri 29-Mar-19 12:50:02

Might not be a bad idea to get your thyroid tested and get checked for a goitre.

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 30-Mar-19 08:27:20

What's a goitre? I've actually got a sore throat today so maybe it was just a precursor to that. I didn't manage to get in at gp yesterday but have an appointment for a week Monday.

HealthHelp Sat 30-Mar-19 20:32:45

I had something really similar recently and it really freaked me out. I stopped eating because I was scared of choking. It felt like little bits of food were getting stuck when I ate.

I went to the gp after a few days and my throat felt slightly sore by then. They said my throat was very swollen and red - even though it didn't feel massively sore - and that I had a throat infection (viral).

I was sceptical as I have had a lot of throat infections in the past and this felt different. But I forced myself to eat and drink on his advice and low and behold it did start to ease. After a week or maybe slightly more I could eat normally again. Hope it improves for you soon!

kissmelittleass Sat 30-Mar-19 22:30:23

Could it be thrush? I've had this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »