Talk

Advanced search

Sun Cream for Eczema Prone Skin

(10 Posts)
AngryWolf Wed 27-Mar-19 17:18:16

Any ideas? DS is 5, and prone to Eczema so we have to apply Hydrocortisone as and when and Aveeno twice daily. We're taking him to Tenerife in October and I'd like to find a high factor sun cream that won't affect his skin. All the ones I've tried before have caused flare ups. Thanks in advance x

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Wed 27-Mar-19 18:10:37

try here x

AngryWolf Tue 02-Apr-19 07:02:58

Thank you c

OP’s posts: |
lovabug Tue 02-Apr-19 20:57:35

I can't remember the name of the ingredient that irritates my DD's skin, but I know it is in Soltan and not in this specific Nivea Cream or P20 cream and she can use them with no problems.

bridgetosomewhere Tue 02-Apr-19 21:04:12

We use that Nivea one as well for Dd

It's the only one that doesn't irritate her as it doesn't contain something that the others do!

I also can't remember what the thing is!

DonPablo Tue 02-Apr-19 21:05:23

Ultrasun is great. I prefer the clear gel one.

Nothingoriginalhere Wed 03-Apr-19 19:52:24

My dd dermatolologist reccomended "sunsense" which you can buy from Amazon. She has had moderate/severe exzema since she was 3.
Unfortunately she is allergic to.lots of creams and has needed emergency treatment abroad from suncream use so whatever you get, definately start hding it before you go.
She doesnt react to the sun sense one.

Nothingoriginalhere Wed 03-Apr-19 19:53:16

*definately start using it

cheaperthebetter Wed 03-Apr-19 19:54:37

P 50 works excellently for DD sick she has server eczema, Boyes and home bargains do it the cheapest too

youarenotkiddingme Wed 03-Apr-19 19:58:37

http://www.suncarecentral.com/Pages/DefaultNewHomePage.aspx

This isn't water based so doesn't trap the heat in the skin. I love it.

It actually had factory in los cristianos jn Tenerife and I discovered it when I lived there! You can buy it out there (reps come to hotels) but it's risky in case you don't have rep and you can order online.

I use to use sunsense on ds excema prone skin big this was even better for him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »