Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i know this sounds dim but dd never sick (nor I) so I can't remember what you do!

(7 Posts)
CountessDracula Wed 11-Jul-07 14:11:21

dd 4.8 sick twice in night (a lot) and then again this am after drinking water

Subsequently I gave her some boiled water and she seems ok, is asleep

Do I give her some dry toast or something when she wakes up or just keep on water? I know to avoid dairy but not sure about anything else. When the dog is sick she gets no food for 24h is that the same?

(btw is a bug, when i called nursery this am two more had just called in with it) She keeps complaining of bad tummy ache too

saadia Wed 11-Jul-07 14:13:18

If she is hungry I would give dry white toast, banana, boiled potatoes, plain boiled pasta or rice. But I wouldn't push it if she refuses - just water will be OK, or maybe very diluted orange squash (but not fresh OJ).

PestoMonster Wed 11-Jul-07 14:13:22

I usually starve bugs for 24 hours or so and I just do what you're doing, ie the boiled water. I wouldn't probably let mine eat until tomorrow if it were me, and then only light stuff to start with like crackers.

NorbertStanleyFletcher Wed 11-Jul-07 14:13:41

I tend to keep them off all solids for as long as possible up to the 24 hours (not always possible with little ones), but clear fluids aplently. Juice as well as water, the sugar helps I think. (will probably be told I am wrong on that though)

binkleandflip Wed 11-Jul-07 14:14:54

Fluid the most important thing. My dd and I both had similiar to this at Christmas, I did try her on dry toast in the evening, but she brought it back so it was the next lunchtime before she tried again. The good thing is, you dont generally feel hungry so as long as she is sipping fluid that'll be fine

CountessDracula Wed 11-Jul-07 14:17:22

thanks all that's great

she hasn't asked for food so unless she does and is insistent I will keep her off today (not that I have any bread in the house anyway argh! Would wholemeal pitta bread be ok?)

I do have some diarolyte I could give her that

Pruners Wed 11-Jul-07 14:17:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now