Talk

Advanced search

Severe stomach pain and vomiting

(17 Posts)
Chocolatethief Mon 25-Mar-19 21:42:24

Every couple of months i end up in extreme stomach pain to the point where i end up throwing up, any idea what this could be? its happened again tonight and im in absolute agony.

OP’s posts: |
Seaweed42 Mon 25-Mar-19 22:04:33

What age are you? Do you only vomit once?

narcissistseverywhere Tue 26-Mar-19 00:27:47

Allergy? I worked out I was allergic to Gram flour (in Indian battered food) and end up doubled up in agony almost to the point of vomiting whenever I eat it

HerculesMulligan Tue 26-Mar-19 00:42:39

Gallstones?

Chocolatethief Tue 26-Mar-19 09:12:55

21 and vommited twice last night, ive only eaten things i usually would eat without a problem it lasts 4/5 hours usally then eases off.

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 26-Mar-19 10:21:24

Mesenteric Adenitis? It took a long time but we now know this what Ds suffers with ,
Paediatrician said it's because of the glandular fever he had .

zoellafortitude Tue 26-Mar-19 10:24:34

Acid reflux?

I really would go to the doctor, OP. Get things investigated and sorted. You'll feel much better physically and have peace of mind.

Chocolatethief Tue 26-Mar-19 10:56:38

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow anyway so going to mention it then, hopefully they can tell me what it is. I was at the point last night of being in that much pain my friend suggested hospital, but i didnt want to.

zoellafortitude Tue 26-Mar-19 11:08:05

Glad to hear you are seeing GP tomorrow, OP! I had similar and it turned out to be acid reflux. So I am on Omeprazole/Gaviscon Advance/avoiding certain foods and things have settled down loads.

Wishing you all the best.

zoellafortitude Tue 26-Mar-19 11:08:38

I am on a lot of medication unfortunately (steroids) and GP said it would be hard for me NOT to have acid reflux.

Pegsinarow Tue 26-Mar-19 11:11:33

Pancreatitis? Could be a number of things. Gp a good idea. Keep a food diary?

CallItLoneliness Tue 26-Mar-19 13:17:51

What is the pain like--does it come in waves, or is it constant? Does the puking relieve it?

Chocolatethief Tue 26-Mar-19 15:07:28

When i have it its constant and puling doesnt relieve it.

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 26-Mar-19 15:34:22

Glad to hear you've booked an appointment.
My Ds has been like that at times ,rolling around the floor ,the consultant said MA frequently gets mistaken for appendix as the pain can be that bad .

WatcherOfTheNight Wed 27-Mar-19 19:00:06

How are you @Chocolatethief ? How'd your appointment go?

Chocolatethief Thu 28-Mar-19 21:08:34

I completely forgot to mention it, my mental health took over the whole appointment but i have another 1 next month so will mention it then, butbifbit happens again will go to the doctors then anyway.

student26 Thu 28-Mar-19 21:16:27

Look up stomach migraines. Sounds like what i used to have frequently. Severe stomach ache that comes and goes in waves and is relived slightly by vomiting. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »