Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Taking Acyclovir for chicken pox - side effects?

(4 Posts)
rosealbie Wed 11-Jul-07 11:14:41

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of children taking Acyclovir in relation to exposure to chicken pox. Were there any side effects?

MaryBS Wed 11-Jul-07 22:15:05

DS took it last year, he was 4 at the time, caught it at the same time as DH (hence the meds). He never had any side effects. Similarly when DD (6) caught it a week later, she took it without any side effects

Elibean Wed 11-Jul-07 22:33:08

I took it in relation to something else, with no side effects. Good luck re the CP!

rosealbie Fri 13-Jul-07 16:45:19

Thanks for the replies. It just seems such a lot of medicine to take - I picked up 5 bottles from the pharmacy. Anyway, dd doesn't seem to mind the taste which is a good thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: