Talk

Advanced search

Is this a migraine?

(6 Posts)
movingonishard Fri 22-Mar-19 22:41:49

Started the day yawning a lot but not particularly tired. By early afternoon had what seemed like a headache developing. Soon afterwards had very strong ache above one eye, hurt even more when eating or smiling. Felt slightly nauseous but not actually about to be sick for the rest of the evening. Also stomach felt a bit unsettled. Head felt a lot better but not back to normal by the next evening. Also had some strange muscle movements under my eye - opposite side to head pain.
Wondered what this might be? Possibly a migraine?

OP’s posts: |
olderthanyouthink Fri 22-Mar-19 23:23:00

Sounds like one and DP agrees (he gets lots)

movingonishard Sat 23-Mar-19 09:38:15

Thanks for your reply. The ache but my eye is back again his morning, nowhere near as bad as before but definitely there..

Moondancer73 Sat 23-Mar-19 09:41:18

I'd say it could be. You have my sympathy, I get up to three a week that can last three days and they make you feel dreadful. Hope you feel better soon.

MigGril Sat 23-Mar-19 09:47:15

Does sound like it, one sided pain is normally migraine and you don't have to be in total agorony to have a migraine.

Try anti inflammatory drugs, either ibuprofen or asprian alone with some caffeine some fine fizzy drinks helpful. I find if I control the pain the nausea goes to. If this is new for you it's always good to get any changes checked with your GP, just in case.

movingonishard Sat 23-Mar-19 11:06:14

Thank you. I’ve had some ibuprofen but still don’t feel right at all. Will try to see my doctor next week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »