Talk

Advanced search

Pulmonary embolism

(11 Posts)
Cocolepew Fri 22-Mar-19 19:17:20

Could anyone tell me what usually happens (I'm waiting to go to a ward) and the recovery time?
Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
Ellapaella Sat 23-Mar-19 08:25:16

Usually some blood thinning injections in hospital for a few days then home on an anticoagulant such as apixaban or rivaroxaban for at least 6 months.

Ellapaella Sat 23-Mar-19 08:25:45

Probably all depends on the size of the clot and you symptoms on how long they keep you in.

Ellapaella Sat 23-Mar-19 08:26:05

Hope you get better soon bye thanks

Ellapaella Sat 23-Mar-19 08:26:38

Gosh sorry that was meant to say btw not Bye! Stupid autocorrect blushblush

Cocolepew Sat 23-Mar-19 08:58:48

Thanks ella grin.
I'm waiting on a scan then see from there.

EdgesWedges Sat 23-Mar-19 21:54:31

I had them before, spent over a week in hospital, blood thinners for 6 months and that was it!

I hope your ok!

zigzagbetty Sat 23-Mar-19 21:58:44

I had mine in September, I was off work for a month and went back on a staged return. Try not to panic like i did! I felt really tired and weak for a while and had chest pains.
I'm on warfarin 7 months later and feel ok on a day to day basis but when I get stressed or tired my breathing goes bad again and I feel unwell.
Your in the best place, and with the injections the clots stop growing and break up.
Sending hugs and take it easy flowers

Allyg1185 Sat 23-Mar-19 21:59:34

My mum had them 5 years ago and is still on warfarin now

zigzagbetty Sat 23-Mar-19 22:01:03

Theres some great support groups on Facebook that I found useful aswell. Plus prepare for periods on thinners to be a bit heavier!

Cocolepew Sat 23-Mar-19 22:15:18

Thank you for the replies, I don't have one thankfully smile. My GP had sent me to a and e to be checked.
It was showing in the blood test but not the scan.
I've had pleurisy and costochodritis with a lupus flare for 3 weeks and it's all connected.
I was let home earlier this evening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »