Talk

Advanced search

Frequent breathlessness

(5 Posts)
cellibabies Thu 21-Mar-19 17:00:19

Hi,
I'm quite worried about how breathless I seem to be getting with very low levels of exertion. I'm only 32 and feel like this isn't normal at my age? I am too sedentary and definitely overweight (size 16/18) and I know I have to do something about this. I just wondered if this is considered a standard thing for people around my size and low fitness levels, even in early thirties, or if there could be something else going on too? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
cellibabies Thu 21-Mar-19 18:59:51

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
Whatsforu Thu 21-Mar-19 19:01:57

Do you have any other symptoms? Could be anaemic.

JaneEyre07 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:02:51

Could be a whole host of things.... asthma, anaemia, anxiety, being overweight. As well as being nothing to worry about.

Time for a GP check, I'd say. Better safe than sorry.

SunshineP Thu 21-Mar-19 22:47:50

Get checked out but definitely try and move more. I am overweight but I walk a lot and can walk up a steep hill without getting breathless. I noticed a few years ago how breathless I was getting and decided to get moving. Now I just need to stop eating crap. Definitely see the dr if your concerned. But try walking as well. Listen to a book or podcast as you go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »