Talk

Advanced search

Smear test whilst bleeding?

(4 Posts)
GruciusMalfoy Thu 21-Mar-19 13:28:34

Hi, I hope I'm in the right place for this. My question is, is it possible to have your smear test done when you're having extremely light bleeding? I'm talking just light pink when wiping (sorry) and not even enough to use a pad.

I'd wait til it had stopped, but this could take months. I've been examined and there's no obvious reason to it.

OP’s posts: |
Totaldogsbody Fri 22-Mar-19 19:43:21

I had a smear once during my period. The doctor said it was common to have one even though you were having a period and that it wouldn't affect the result. I had only went down because I didn't want to miss an appointment.

cptartapp Fri 22-Mar-19 20:01:13

Practice nurse here- yes that should be fine. The labs are great now and we get very few inadequate (returned samples). Let the nurse know about the bleeding as it might require investigation, i.e. swabs.

GruciusMalfoy Sat 23-Mar-19 19:58:04

Thank you both for your replies, I'll get booked in on Monday. I've had swabs and ultrasounds done without anything being found, but I guess it might be worth mentioning again.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »