Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS is miserable - how can I help?

(3 Posts)
FlameDelacour Tue 10-Jul-07 16:42:56

He's got his molars coming through (although they don't seem to be playing up so much now), and a virus according to the doctor.

His ears are red apparently, but his throat, chest etc is clear. He's dosed up on calpol and ibruprofen which is keeping on top of his temp, but he just keeps sobbing this horrible high pitched squeak in amongst normal crying.

He doesn't want to be held, but he doesn't want to be put down.

He's been like it since Saturday He's sleeping a few hours in the night, then waking all unsettled and sobbing for about 30 mins before sleeping again.

I don't know how best to make him feel more comfortable. His eyes look all poorly (if that makes sense), and he's just so unhappy.

Is there anything I'm not doing that you can think of?

He seemed much better this morning, but since about 2.30ish he's gone right downhill again.

rey Tue 10-Jul-07 16:51:45

Sounds very poorly. No advice but when did you go to the doctor might be time to go back or ask to see the nurse. Hope he gets better soon.

FlameDelacour Tue 10-Jul-07 16:53:40

We saw the doctor about this time yesterday I'll take him back tomorrow if he's still like it.

I really thought he was improving, he was all happy mid-day (slept all morning), and then it all went wrong again.

DD only ever had the odd cough/cold/broken arm - I don't remember her worrying me so much when she got ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now