Weird lump suddenly appeared on arm by implant

(11 Posts)
Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:08:03

My arm suddenly felt itchy tonight by my implant (this isn’t new- it’s felt on and off itchy since I had it put in back in January) and a small lump appeared and then now about half an hour later its got bigger. It feels quite firm but looks like a blister. It’s about the size of my thumb nail. Any ideas what it could be?!

OP’s posts: |
Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:08:58

Sorry to clarify- the lump is new, it just isn’t unusual for my implant to feel itchy which is why I didn’t take notice straight away!

wigglypiggly Thu 14-Mar-19 20:11:32

oh that looks a very sore reaction, i would want that removed asap. maybe the implant has dislodged or you're allergic to it, can you see a doctor.

Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:13:49

But would it react that suddenly 2 months on from being fitted?

wigglypiggly Thu 14-Mar-19 20:15:06

don't know the answer but a doctor should.

NeverSayFreelance Thu 14-Mar-19 20:28:40

Could it be an insect bite? I take a reaction very similar to midge bites. Try an antihistamine maybe? See if it goes down at all.

ChloeEdwards25 Sat 11-Apr-20 01:01:30

Hello, wondered if you found out what it was?

I have found a similar bump around the end of my implant tonight, it looks very similar to your picture but smaller in diameter

Thanks

Advertisement

Izzy665246 Sat 16-May-20 23:38:17

@ChloeEdwards25 I have had my implant removed and I still get the itching and this lump. My doctor couldn’t find any explanation for it. It drives me crazy 🙄

KateCharlotte Wed 19-Aug-20 21:58:50

I had my implant removed because i was getting these bumps every month. They always looked like bites and were itchy but always appeared in the same place where the implant was.

Nine years after getting it removed and I still get them maybe twice a year randomly and also if I go on an aeroplane. No doctor seems to know why it happens and I even had an ultrasound to check that there wasnt any implant left in my arm causing it.

Glad I'm not alone in this as I thought I was just losing the plot.

Every time it flares up again I check the internet to see if anyone has figured out why its happening but still no luck.

Kellygrace389 Sat 22-Aug-20 18:33:07

Glad I googled and came across this as I thought I’m the only one also. This is my 4th implant (which was inserted in 2018) and I experience the itching and raised skin. The nurse who done the procedure mentioned that they’ve now changed where the implant is to be inserted, which was above the muscle rather than below, which is where my other 3 had been placed over the years. I’m no medical professional but I’m wondering if that might be the cause. Has another else been told the same when having theirs changed?

Crystalkayleen Mon 02-Nov-20 11:09:25

Hello, I got my Natrelle silicon gummy bear implants under the muscle in October 2019. Tonight I experienced a raised skin bump under my right breast. It was one solid feeling lump of skin like explained in this post. About 30 min later it went away. About 6 hours later I woke up itching with two more on the same breast but in a slightly different area. Does this seem like the same that others are experiencing? Anyone with same brand of implant?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in