Talk

Advanced search

Weird lump suddenly appeared on arm by implant

(8 Posts)
Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:08:03

My arm suddenly felt itchy tonight by my implant (this isn’t new- it’s felt on and off itchy since I had it put in back in January) and a small lump appeared and then now about half an hour later its got bigger. It feels quite firm but looks like a blister. It’s about the size of my thumb nail. Any ideas what it could be?!

OP’s posts: |
Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:08:58

Sorry to clarify- the lump is new, it just isn’t unusual for my implant to feel itchy which is why I didn’t take notice straight away!

wigglypiggly Thu 14-Mar-19 20:11:32

oh that looks a very sore reaction, i would want that removed asap. maybe the implant has dislodged or you're allergic to it, can you see a doctor.

Elpheba Thu 14-Mar-19 20:13:49

But would it react that suddenly 2 months on from being fitted?

wigglypiggly Thu 14-Mar-19 20:15:06

don't know the answer but a doctor should.

NeverSayFreelance Thu 14-Mar-19 20:28:40

Could it be an insect bite? I take a reaction very similar to midge bites. Try an antihistamine maybe? See if it goes down at all.

ChloeEdwards25 Sat 11-Apr-20 01:01:30

Hello, wondered if you found out what it was?

I have found a similar bump around the end of my implant tonight, it looks very similar to your picture but smaller in diameter

Thanks

Izzy665246 Sat 16-May-20 23:38:17

@ChloeEdwards25 I have had my implant removed and I still get the itching and this lump. My doctor couldn’t find any explanation for it. It drives me crazy 🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »