Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PERSONA ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

(6 Posts)
mummysab Mon 09-Jul-07 09:47:13

ive started using persona as a form of contraceptive and have been on a red day since day 6. Im now on day 25 and still red!im due on in 3 days and havent seen the o symbol either.is this right? i didnt expect so many red days and it seems strange not to have seen the o symbol as i definately had ov pains this month.
also i was wondering if the lines on the test sticks (after testing) meant anything?
many thanks x

michaelad Mon 09-Jul-07 09:53:19

I followed Persona religiously, did have a lot of red days too and still fell pregnant with ds1 within 3 months!! Within weeks of me falling pregnant, there was an article in the Times about several women wanting to take the manufacturer to court because the same had happened to them. Don't rely on Persona unless you don't mind falling pregnant!

Not a very useful comment, but I just could not resist..

batters Mon 09-Jul-07 10:18:05

dd is a persona baby .

Honestly I would not use the Persona as form of contraceptive. No way. You will be pregnant within 2 months.

you have been warned!

mummysab Mon 09-Jul-07 11:42:53

you girls have definately given me some food for thought, however, dh2b and i have discussed that it is only 94% effective and persona do warn you not to use it as contraception if you are not happy with the risks of becoming pregnant.
But.... secretly i suppose i dont mind another little person

debbiewebweb Mon 09-Jul-07 14:38:37

My dd is a persona baby too, as is my best friends ds. So as long as you don't mind the high risk you do end up with loads of red days I'm afraid, but they get a little less frequent after a few months of using it.

schilke Mon 09-Jul-07 22:23:51

I used it for about 2 years with no problems. I have 4 children and got pregnant easily each time (1st month of trying)so I'm very fertile. However, I would not have used it if I minded having a baby!
Is this your first month? During the first month I had loads of red days, but then, for me, it was red from about day 7 to 16.

Can't see how anyone can take them to court - it does say don't use if you absolutely don't want a baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now