Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

chicken pox - advice pleasse

(5 Posts)
kathryn77 Sun 08-Jul-07 21:01:23

DS is 11 months and got sent home from nursery on friday with suspected chicken pox. Took him to dr s and they said too early to say.

He has four spots which look like bites <sort of swollen and red> and one as a tiny scab on it, but other than that no symptons - is this the pox?

Should i be keeping him in? have monday/tuesday off and not sure wheter to avoid play groups or not..

nickytwotimes Sun 08-Jul-07 21:02:02

Could be mild pox. Keep him in!

Arransmummy Sun 08-Jul-07 21:09:51

My little one who's 2 is exactly the same. He woke up yesterday with 2 red spots, looked like bites. Today he has got about 15 of them. They started on his face and have spread over his body. I took him into boots and the pharmacist said he would be surprised if they were'nt chicken pox. I was advised to give him medised as it has got an antihistamine in to stop itching. Good Luck!!

kathryn77 Sun 08-Jul-07 21:24:29

Thanks, we have the medised out too!

Mamasgotabrandnewpigbag Sun 08-Jul-07 21:28:31

Ds got mild chickenpox at about 11months (only ever had about 10 spots), but when they first came up they were literally appearing before my very eyes! looked like blisters rather than bites, but scabbed over quite quickley. Didn't seem too bothered by it tbh and wasn't scratching at all. Best to avoid playgrouos I would think, because it can be really dangerous in pregnancey (to both mother and baby) and you'd never know if any of your playgroup mums are preg and haven't had cp themselves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now